photo Header_zpscdfe0d13.jpg

Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Baby I was born this way...

I watched Extreme Makeover Weightloss Edition on TV the other night and I started to think. How did I get to this weight? What happened in my life to make me eat until I have ruined my body? I thought really hard and for a really long time- I wanted someone or something to blame. But I can't think of anything. 

The first diet I went on was in 6th grade when my parents bought me weight watchers. A boy in my class had began to call me heifer and moo at me so my parents let me join weight watchers. I don't remember how that went, but I do know that once I got to junior high I was still chunky because I was then called "jelly donut". In high school I started doing medifast where I lost a significant amount of weight. My friends took notice, boys took notice, and I felt fabulous. I remember feeling so skinny at around 140 pounds. High school came and went, college came and went, I got married, had a baby, and here I am still overweight. 

I really wanted someone to blame - I really wanted to have an "excuse" for being fat, but the truth is this is my fault! This is the result of me not loving myself enough to take care of my body. This is a result of pure laziness. One of the doctors on the show said that having one parent who suffers from obesity increases your child's risk of being overweight by 50%. I must change this! I have to change her family tree. 

Today I'm owning that being over weight is my fault. I got myself this way and only I can change that. Here's to it ALMOST being the weekend and another fresh start!! 



4 comments:

  1. I can sooo relate to this post! My ultimate goal is to be a great example for my kids so they won't have to think about their weight all their life - I wouldn't wish that on anyone!

    New follower here! Good luck on the first of the month - you can do it!

    Kristin
    Likea2-year-old.blogspot.com
    Exploringdomesticity.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad someone else feels this way! We will do this!!

      Delete
  2. Right there with you! Thats a scary statistic about obesity. A big part of my weight loss motivation is trying to be a good example to my son. Sometimes its easier said than done!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is definitely way easier said than done! Thanks for reading!

      Delete