photo Header_zpscdfe0d13.jpg

Monday, July 22, 2013

My Outlet

As I laid in bed last night I was so sad. I failed again - another Monday with goals set and another day where I was just too lazy to accomplish them. I was sad because of how depressed I am with myself and how selfish that is! Sometimes when we feel overwhelmed we have to switch our mind sets. People's lives are WAY worse than mine. The Salvation Army in my town is turning away hundreds of families a day because they are out of food and money. People are hungry. Children are being beat. Yet here I am upset because I ate a cheeseburger instead of an apple. Yes I'm tired of failing, but more than that I'm tired of being so selfish! I'm being selfish by not getting healthy for my daughter, being selfish by playing this woe is me game with myself, and selfish to myself for not giving myself the best life I can live.

I have read lots of Skinny Meg and Mama Laughlins past posts and what I notice most is how happy they are now that they have accomplished their goals. I want to be happy! I want to be an after picture instead of a before. I know that I'm not perfect and will probably mess up again, but life is way too short to sit around and feel sorry for ourselves.

Today will be a selfless day. I will do things for other people and put others before myself. More than losing weight I want to be a life changer and you can't be selfish and a life changer.

Peace and Love Y'all!


No comments:

Post a Comment