photo Header_zpscdfe0d13.jpg

Thursday, July 11, 2013

Low Carb Recipe: Sausage, Peppers, and Onions

One of my goals for July is to make and blog about 5 healthy recipes. Tonight I'm going to show you one that I kind of made up after visiting Silver Dollar City during Christmas time. If you have ever been there you know they have AMAZING food! Last time we ate there we got this skillet thing that had all sorts of potatoes, peppers, onions, sausage, and spices in it. It was amazeballs (I feel like an official blogger now.) So I decided to semi re-create the meal.


photo.JPG



   I started cutting up the peppers before I remembered I was going to blog about this, but I use green, red, yellow, and orange peppers and about a half of each of them. Slice them like you would for fajitas.

photo.JPG
 

These are the sausages I used. They are the Italian mild sausage from Aldis.
This would be way healthier if you bought the turkey sausage.

photo.JPG
I use cumin, chili powder, garlic powder, cayenne pepper, salt, and black pepper to season the sausage to taste. I LOVE spicy food so I use quite a bit.
 
 
 
photo.JPG
Cook the sausage with a little bit of olive oil until it's near done.  

 

photo.JPG
Once the sausage is done drop in the peppers and onions and cook until they are soft. Seriously the best thing you will ever eat!


Hope you enjoyed the recipe. It's pretty easy! Sorry if the pictures are a little blurry. Sometime we cook potatoes and add that .

Calorie Content for 1 Serving of this meal is about 300 calories. It would depend on what type of sausage you got.

Email me if you have any questions! Check back tomorrow for my 30 day shred update!  Follow me on Instagram and MyFitnessPal at cdecker0

No comments:

Post a Comment