photo Header_zpscdfe0d13.jpg

Thursday, January 9, 2014

Parenting is HARD!

I'm pretty sure being a parent is the hardest thing I have ever done. It's such an emotional roller coaster and I constantly worry that I'm failing.

Since I'm a teacher I have been at home with the Princess for the last three weeks. On Tuesday after being stuck in the house for four days due to the snow I decided she NEEDED to go to daycare on Wendesday and I NEEDED some time to get stuff done. I was going to pick her up after lunch so I could spend the afternoon with her since I'm sure we will be  going back to school tomorrow, then I got stuck in my driveway. My mom came to the rescue and went and got her and brought her to me and the first thing she tells my mom is - "Mommy didn't pick me up?" - because that morning I had told her I would pick her up after lunch. Seriously broken heart here!! Princess- 1 Mommy - 0

Then she didn't want to lay down for a nap and screamed until she fell asleep. She cried repeatedly for her daddy and wouldn't even let me touch her. Princess - 2 Mommy- 0

I'm so torn between trying to keep my house clean, laundry done, school work together, working out, eating healthy, and being a good mom. Yes I need to lose weight and I'm doing that but, does it really matter if there are toys strung all over the living room? I'm hoping not! I am going to learn to let go and let out house be lived in. 

So along with losing weight I'm going to focus on the Princess. I need to stop being selfish and worrying about tidying up and making sure everything is perfect and just focus on her. She won't be here forever and while she is I need to spend as much time as possible with her. 



How do you guys find the balance? What works for you? 


No comments:

Post a Comment