photo Header_zpscdfe0d13.jpg

Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Media Fast

Hey y'all! Monday I started to do a media fast, therefor there was no posting from me. I only used my cell phone to text my husband and call my mom, and other than that no phone, internet, TV, news, or IPad. The morning and day went fine because I was at work and can't use my phone anyway. However when I got home it was a completely different story. The Princess and I's routine is for me to pick her up, and enjoy a snack on the couch while watching Doc McStuffins. She screamed and cried when I told her the IPad wasn't working. It made me realize how addicted we are to media! As the evening went on I became extremely bored. My husband didn't participate so he sat on his phone playing games while I just sat there in silence. I eventually ended up taking a bath and heading to bed early.
Obviously we (my family) needs a media fast. I spent way more time with The Princess having authentic conversations because we were able to focus on each other. My goal is to make this a nightly thing. No TV or phone until after she is in bed. She is growing up way too fast and I don't want to look back on her life and say that I regret something. 

So I challenge you to take a media break! It's way harder than it seems! If you decide to do it let me know how you do!

Peace and Love!

No comments:

Post a Comment