photo Header_zpscdfe0d13.jpg

Monday, May 5, 2014

Whole 30 Day 1

Hey ya'll it's Day 1 and I only wanted to give up about twice, so I'm counting it a win!



This was my breakfast:

This is the Paleo Strawberry Coconut Smoothie. SUPER easy to make and you can find the recipe HERE. I tweaked mine a little. There is NO WAY I could use 8 cups of kale, and I only had 3 cups of frozen strawberries. Mine made about 3 servings with a serving being 2 cups.
I had this as a mid-morning snack. I'm not quite sure if this Almond Butter is allowed since it isn't organic, but it was delicious and a perfect alternative to peanut butter since that FOR SURE isn't allowed.

 
Lunch I ate before I realized I didn't take a picture, however today I had spring mix salad, sunflower seeds, with ff poppyseed dressing (again, not sure that, that is paleo approved - I plan on making a paleo approved dressing tonight for tomorrow), and then some shredded chicken with paleo BBQ sauce. It was pretty delicious.
 
Dinner:
 
 

 For dinner we cooked pork chops on the grill, green beans, and a salad. I should have made some potato fries to go with it, because I'm already a little hungry, but I didn't have time tonight.

When I'm not eating sweet things I invest in this delicious coffee and always have a cup or two before bed. Caffeine doesn't effect me, and it's just the sweet taste that I need. I found mine at Wal-Mart.

 
 
Overall, I wasn't too bad with cravings until I had to sit in a meeting all afternoon. Then, all I could think about was chocolate and the McDonald's drive thru. Since I have been doing WW I still calculated my daily points and I was around 33 points, which is still under my daily goal.

Check back tomorrow for Day 2, and possibly some added exercise -- depending on my allergies! :)
 


No comments:

Post a Comment