photo Header_zpscdfe0d13.jpg

Monday, March 10, 2014

Food Preppin' Like a Pro Yo...

As I logged onto Facebook for the hundredth millionth time (anyone else!?) I noticed that it was weigh-in day for one of my friends and she was down another 2.4 pounds making her total weight loss in 5 weeks almost 20 pounds. WHAT!?! I knew instantly I have to get my shit together pronto!

So my goal between now and Thursday when my week begins is to food prep like it's my job. I have 5 weeks till Easter and I need to lose 20 pounds to be at my April goal. Plus, I've given up buying clothes for lent and I HAVE to fit into this dress I bought last summer that doesn't fit. 

I'm starting with breakfast. It's one of my most favorite meals because I sit in my silent classroom and get to enjoy whatever I'm eating for a brief 20 minutes before the chaos ensues. Here are some of the things I will be eating:
   Raisin Bran Crunch Cereal/skim milk/banana - 
   French toast breakfast sandwiches/orange - 6 points plus
   Two plain waffles/1 tbsp butter - 
    Quaker instant strawberry oatmeal/skim milk - 7 points plus

Lunch is the most hectic meal for me because I get 20 minutes to drop by kiddos off, use the restroom, eat lunch, and then pick them back up. Before, I have always felt like I need a lunch (I.e. BIG), but I'm trying to change my thinking. Here are some of my meal ideas for lunch:
    Campbell's Tomato Soup (the hand held kind) - 5 points plus 
    Apples/sugar free caramel/cheese/crackers/grapes - 
    Toast with PB/Yogurt - 
    Homemade Chilli - 
    
Dinner is my most hated meal. I am normally exhausted when I get home and I pretty much hate cooking. I REALLY want to enjoy it so I'm trying! My problem is I need simple PLANNED out meals, key word planned! I need to know exactly what needs to be done and how I'm going to get it done. Here are some recipes that I have found that I think I might actually be able to whip up:
   Meatless Tostados - http://bigredpot.com/weight-watchers-wednesday/tostadas-4-points-plus/    
Skinny Chicken Alfredo - http://www.loseweightbyeating.com/skinny-chicken-alfredo-bake-287-calories/
Fried Onion Rings - 5 points plus / Buffalo Chicken Wings - 5 points plus



   
   

No comments:

Post a Comment