photo Header_zpscdfe0d13.jpg

Friday, June 7, 2013

Mommy Guilt

So I want to start off this post by saying I'm a teacher, so summers are my time off (boy do I need it)! On a typical school day I wake up at 4:45 to get ready. I leave my house by 6, to be at school by 7 so that I can get everything ready for my kiddos and all my lesson plans done before school. School starts at 8:30, and then I can leave at 3:45. I'm normally home in time to get the Princess from daycare by 5. During the school year I don't see the Princess until at least 5 p.m. every night, and normally I don't feel guilty because I leave early so that I can get home early to see her.

Now this summer we have decided to keep her in daycare two days a week to keep her on her routine since she is more aware that mommy is leaving and she will be there all day. So yesterday was day 6 of my summer break and I took her to daycare and came home. I didn't have anything to do at home, there wasn't a reason I needed to take her, I just took her to keep her in her routine. I felt SOOOO guilty for taking her! I sat and caught up on Grey's Anatomy (holy crap so much has happened!!) and felt guilty. I know that she was being well taken care of, that she was having fun with her friends, but I still felt awful the ENTIRE time! I felt like the worst mom in the world. I left my kid at daycare all day while I sat at home and watched TV! As soon as I went and picked her up I told them she wouldn't be back till Wednesday, which is when she has to go because I have a three day conference.

Does anyone else feel like this? Am I a bad mom for wanting some time to myself every once in a while? I'm just so torn! Yes it was nice to be able to watch a TV show, but the way I have felt all day wasn't. Anyone have any advice on how to get over this!?

1 comment:

  1. I know EXACTLY how you feel. It's tough to send them when you think hey, they can just stay home with me. I think you're right on track to get past this. It's better for her to be on a schedule since she is more aware and the interaction with kids is really good for her too. I try to remind myself of these things when the guilt starts to set in. Plus, you need time to yourself too. Every girl needs a day to catch up on Grey's. :)

    Erica
    minnerwinner.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete